On My Hook Right Now

Hello Again!

My apologies for being away for so long. The last six months have been filled with many work commitments, personal commitments, a big holiday and a very joyous addition to the family expected very soon.

Even though my time has been filled these last few months I have still made time to crochet. Almost every day I have my crochet hook in hand and a project on the go.

Now that I have a little more spare time I'll endeavour to share with you some of the creations that have flown off my hook.

But first, I thought I'd share some of the projects that are on my hook right now.

For starters I've been making washcloths with some BWM cotton yarn. Oh my goodness it is so wonderfully soft. I'm not sure how it will wear with use so this week I plan to put one to the test.

Also I have been making the Bakewell blanket using Scheepjes Whirl in the Blueberry Bambam colourway. I love using this yarn.

I've used BWM 4ply cream wool to make the Sleepy Times baby blanket. All I've got left to do is sew in the ends.

I've also started this rainbow granny blanket, which has unfortunately come to a halt because I've run out of yarn but I'm refusing to buy any more until I've finished all the other projects first.


For months I've been eyeing up the Attic 24 Woodland Ripple blanket. I'm making this one for myself. I just love the Autumnal colours and must confess that I really do miss the changing English seasons. It seems like all we have here is very hot, hot and a little less hot. Not much in the way of Spring or Autumn and Winter only lasts a few weeks.

For my beautiful friend I'm making this duck egg ripple blanket. She fell in love with my baby blanket and put in an order for an adult sized one.


I'm also making this colourful shawl for myself in the hopes that we might get a few cool days so that I can wear it.


Another project that I literally just started this morning is the French Market bag. I've been wanting to try making a market bag for months now and thought I'd bite the bullet today.
I'd initially bought this BWM 4ply cotton for another project but didn't want to buy more yarn so decided to use it double stranded. Normally I don't really like the motley effect of using two different colours but I think these are working up quite nicely.


When I look at all of these works in progress I see many projects to finish and lots of ends to sew in. I'm making a promise to myself to finish all of these projects one by one before I start on anything else. Though I'm not really sure how long that will last.
Over the next few weeks I hope to share with you these finished pieces of work and hope you enjoy them too.

Xx

Comments

Popular Posts