Spice of Life Crochet Blanket......

.........................Finally Finished!


I started this blanket four months ago. After finishing my last granny square blanket I needed the soothing simplicity of a stripy blanket project and found this CAL way back in September. I started with such good intentions, I loved the way it grew so quickly with each colour change and I learned new stitches with each pattern change. 
By the beginning of November I was half way through this blanket when I put it down. Just for a few days I told myself. But I never went back to it until last month.
In all honesty I really needed a break from my crocheting. I could name a handful of excuses why I didn't go back to it but while the last part of the year was very hectic surely I could have found an hour here or a half hour there to pick up the hook and play. But I didn't.


The New Year brought with it a need to finish this project so I picked up the hook and watched the blanket grow each night until finally it was finished.


The idiom "feast or famine" takes a running leap and jumps into my mind when I think about the making of this blanket. It reflects many things in my life where I either give too much or too little of myself to a project. Even with people I'm an all or nothing type of person and sometimes I really wish that I could see the grey.


Quick Facts

Pattern: From Sandra Paul. You can find it on her blog here.

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK

Colours: White; Lemon; Claret; Petrol; Plum; Sherbet; Storm Blue; Parchment; Shrimp; Sage; Denim; Mocha; Clematis.

Size: 105cm x 130cm


Top 3 Favourite Stitches

1. Stacked Shells

2. Puffs

3. Fill The Gap

This was a great project with wonderful instructions and the end result was a beautiful blanket to snuggle under during the winter.

Xxx

P.s Sorry that the photo's are quite dark but it's been overcast and cloudy here for days. We've had some lovely rain here since Christmas. All the plants are loving it.


Comments

Popular Posts