Purple Round Ripple Blanket


This is another blanket where the yarn found the pattern.


I absolutely fell in love with this yarn and bought three balls of it. It is full of beautiful pinks and purples and peaches and blues. 
It's a work of art in itself before any crochet hooks or knitting needles even touch it. Surely whatever I make with this will look as yummy as the yarn does in it's balled form? Errm NO!
I started a couple of patterns and pulled them out. I came to the conclusion that this would only look good using a simple stitch and would definitely need some sort of contrasting colour beside it. 
And that is how this yarn found this round ripple pattern.


I was a little bit disappointed that all those lovely splotches of colour seemed to blend into one another to create a mostly purple wall of colour.
I feel that it definitely needed the white to break it up a bit. 


About one ball it I put this project down and decided to take a break from it.
But when I came back to it and watched as the blanket grew I really started to enjoy the overall effect of this yarn. And so my love for it returned. And now I just love the finished blanket and look forward to using this yarn again. I'll just have to wait for it to choose another pattern that feels right.


Quick Facts

Pattern: "Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket" by Celeste Young.

Yarn & Colours: Sirdar Dapple DK in Cherry Blossom.
Stylecraft Special DK in White.

Hook Size: 4mm

Blanket Size: 86cm (34") in diameter.


Another blanket that I'm happy I've made.

Xx



Comments

Popular Posts