Springtime baby blanket


I'm so happy with how this blanket turned out. 
It was a nice easy project to make.
The pinks and reds and greens are not colours that I'm usually comfortable working with but combined with the white they look beautiful. Like springtime....Flowers, lawn, blue skies and fluffy white clouds.


I joined the squares with a double crochet because I really wanted the white divides between the squares to be a feature. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

But then I turned the blanket over.......


and I actually really like it without the divide. 
Now I can't make up my mind which side I prefer.

Back....

Or front?


Quick Facts

Pattern: "Springtime" by Drops Design

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK

Colours: White, Pistachio, Meadow, Lipstick, Pomegranate, Fondant, Candyfloss, Lavender, Aster, Cloud Blue, Silver

No. of squares: 99. Pattern gives 33 squares which I repeated 3 times.

Size: 63cm x 79cm (25" x 31")


I hope this makes a gorgeous baby girl very happy.
Xx

Comments

Popular Posts