In progress

The last month has been pretty hectic. We've been doing lots of cattle work, mustering, drafting, trucking, selling cattle as well as all of our usual everyday jobs. It's very busy and tiring but I love this time of year when we get to spend more time with these beautiful animals.
Alongside all the work my crochet hook has been softly working and I thought I'd take a few minutes out of my day to share with you what is currently on my hook.

First off is this....


This is my first attempt at sock making. I've been wanting to try crocheting a pair of socks for a while now but for some reason never have. I fell in love with the colour of this yarn in Spotlight this week and bought 100g on impulse. So far I'm really enjoying this project and I'm liking the fact that some of my smaller hooks are getting a workout.


So far it's making some nice stripes. The control freak in me is wondering how I'm going to cope when I start the second sock and the stripes aren't going to match perfectly. I guess it's all a learning curve and it'll only add more character.

Also on, but almost off my hook is this baby blanket for a friend of a friend.


I must admit I have absolutely no motivation to tie all these ends in.

And then when I've finished that I'll have to start on this...


This is a large blanket I've made for the back of my couch. All the ends of the squares are sewn in but not the ones where I've joined the squares.

I've told myself that I can't start anything else until these projects are finished.

At least I'm full of good intentions.

Xx

Comments

Popular Posts