Duck Egg Ripple Baby Blanket

So, this is the first blanket that I've made using just one colour, not including the border, and I have to say that I absolutely love it.



It's ohhh sooo soft and cuddly.


The ripple stitch gives it a great texture, which is often missed when there are colour changes every second row.


This duck egg is, without doubt, my favourite Stylecraft colour and I love that the ripple stitch just lets this colour shine. 


It makes a very subtle and understated blanket and creates a feeling of peace and calmness. 


The border was the tricky part. Should I use the same colour or a contrasting colour? a darker blue or white or both? What pattern? A ruffle, shell or something quite plain?
I did the border three times using different colours and stitches but eventually decided on using the white yarn, so that the border stands out. I also wanted it to be soft and light and pretty, nothing too solid or pointy.


I always struggle with borders because I believe that there is a right border for every blanket but the tricky part is finding it. 
I really think that I found it here.
It almost reminds me of a spring sky with puffy clouds floating around.



Quick Facts:

Patten: Baby Blanket from "Cute & Easy Crochet" by Nicki Trench.

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK

Colour: Duck Egg (300g), White (about 50g)

Hook Size: 4mm

Border: First two rounds from the Baby Blanket pattern, then last 2 rounds from #35 in "Around The Corner Crochet Borders" by Edie Eckman.

Blanket Size:  65x83cm (26x32")


This is, without doubt, my new favourite blanket.

Xx

Comments

Popular Posts