Out of yarn

All 210 granny squares are finished yippee!



But I've run our of Parchment yarn. So far I've used 6 balls but need more to join the squares together.


What did come in the mail though, were some more books.


I find that I go through fazes with my reading. The flavour of the month right now is WW1. So far I've nearly finished, "1914 voices from the battlefields". This book is filled with the voices of heroes, from both sides, men who found themselves in unimaginable positions and got the job done. It's the stuff of nightmares but filled with angels.
Next on the list "Pals on the Somme 1916" and then "With the German guns".
"The zookeeper's wife" is ww2 but I saw this one in the local bookstore and will put it away for later.

In the garden, I've been catching up on pruning and mulching before winter sets in. The lawn is starting to dry off, which is always depressing after babying it through the hot summer months. But on the positive side, there are lots of Autumn flowers in bloom.


I just love this white bougainvillaea. It makes me smile when I see little patches of white throughout the garden beds.


Also this week, I made a Pecan Pie, and oh my gosh, it's delicious. I've never even eaten one before but had always wanted to try one. This has gone to the top of my list of desserts to make when the visitors come knocking. It was so easy to make too.


I also made a lemon pie cake a couple of weeks ago and it was also delicious and quick to make.

I wonder what I'll make next?

Xx

Comments

Popular Posts