Mail Day

It was like Christmas here a couple of hours ago.

The mail arrived and I ripped open my parcels, which were filled with this lovely yarn and also these clover amour hooks.


For years I've been using a mixture of these steel, plastic and bambo hooks, while dreaming of owning a set of clover hooks. 


This hook holder was actually one of the first projects that I made, but it's sat in a drawer, empty, for the last three years waiting for some worthy hooks to fill it.


This is a great book, and was the first crochet book that I ever bought. I found it in New Zealand when we went there four years ago. And as it turned out it was the only thing that I brought home from that holiday.


I can't wait to use my new hooks. I think that this one will become my new best friend.


At the moment I'm a little bit obsessed with making shawls, and to be honest I'm not really the shawl wearing type, and it doesn't really get cold enough here to even need to wear one. 
Rationally I understand all of this, but I still can't stop myself from finding beautiful patterns on ravelry and wanting to make them.

Now what to make. 


I'm going to make another two of Sandra Pauls shawls. I really love the things that she designs and I enjoy following her patterns, they are all written so well.

The first shawl has been in my library for a long, long time, but I've been humming and hawing over what yarn to use and what colour. It's called the  "Victoria Shawl" and can be found here.  I'll use the top yarn, called Fyberspates Scrumptious - Glisten. 

The second shawl is called "Diamonds and Tassels" and can be found here. I'll use the bottom yarn for this projects, it's called Fyberspates Gleem Lace - Crocus.

Both of these yarns feel luxurious and soft and I'm very much looking forward to working with them.

This is Scheepjes Whirl - Pistachi oh so nice. Initially, I was going to use this to make the "house of bees shawl", which is another project that has been sitting in my library for a long time. I've changed my mind and decided that I want to make that in the yellow colourway, and challenge myself to use colours that I normally would never wear.

So now I have two patterns in mind for this yarn. I'm really not sure which one to pick.


But whatever pattern I choose my hooks are ready and waiting.


Xx

Comments

Popular Posts