Aqua Geometric Shawl

Last night I blocked my Aqua Geometric shawl. 
It involved lots of pulling and pinning and spraying; then more pulling, pinning and spraying, until I was finally satisfied with the shape and size.


I commandeered the dining room table for this. 
To be honest the shawl ended up much bigger than I had anticipated.


I used Sandra Paul's Peachy Geometric pattern but used this aqua grey coloured yarn instead of peach. My initial reason for the colour change was because I wasn't sure if peach was a colour that I'd wear. So I will admit that I took the safe option and chose grey, because, hey, grey goes well with most things. Retrospectively I wish that I'd been braver and tried something different. Although perhaps I will make this again in the peaches and cream colour combination. It was a great pattern to work with and I'd love to use it again.


Before I blocked this shawl I was a bit worried that the different sections would blur into one because I'd used a single colour. But as it turns out it's still easy to identify the different parts of the pattern while maintaining a continuity of colour.


The yarn is beautiful and soft with a lovely drape. The shawl is both lightweight and worm, so it will be perfect to wear through the autumn and winter months.
One thing I do miss out on living here in central Queensland is the need for bulky woollies through winter. In England I use to love pulling out all of my winter woollies. But I'm sure that some lightweight, warm shawls will fill that gap.


Quick Facts

Pattern: Peachy Geometric by Sandra Paul

Yarn: Drops Alpaca

Colour: Aqua Grey

Amount: 5 x 50g balls

Hook Size: 4mm

Size of finished shawl: 168cm x 70cm

Notes: I added a section eight and nine because I thought my shawl would end up too small. Next time I might use a 4.5mm or 5mm hook and not add the extra two sections. I'd already used a bigger hook size but obviously I crochet tighter than desired for this project.


All in all I'm very happy with this project and will cheerfully wear this shawl during winter.

P.s I'm already planning my next shawl project.

Xx

Comments

Popular Posts