Granny Square Baby Blanket

So, in case you were wondering; I did finish this blanket, I did wrap it up and put it in the mail, and it is now being enjoyed by a lovely little girl.



I thoroughly enjoyed the making of this blanket.  The pattern was easy to follow but interesting, the stylecraft yarn was great to use and I LOVED my colour choices.



The white borders are crisp and clean and the colurs of the granny squares pop out at you. The granny squares themselves are a combination of simple (with the use of one colour) and complex (with the wheel in a square pattern). It's not fussy, it's not over the top, instead, the colours are allowed to tell the story using a combination of brights, pastels and earthy tones.

Quick Facts

Pattern: The Camping Blanket from Susan Pinner's "Granny Squares" book.

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK

Colours: Duck Egg, Citron, Cloud Blue, Clematis, Pistachio, Spice, Aster, Wisteria, Mustard, Matador, Meadow, Lavender, White.

Size: ????? Forgot to measure it before I mailed it. Ooops.

Total Number of Granny Squares: 64

5 Squares each of the following colours; Duck Egg, Citron, Aster, Wisteria, Mustard, Matador, Meadow, Lavender.

6 Squares each of the following colours; Cloud Blue, Clematis, Pistachio, Spice.

Layout: 8 x 8 to form a square blanket.

Border Colours:

Round 1 - White
Round 2 - Spice
Round 3 - White
Round 4 - Duck Egg

Joining Squares: I used a dc seam along the back.


A lot has happened since I made this blanket and I was worried that when I managed to sit down and write about it I wouldn't remember which pattern or what colours I'd used. Luckily I had a bit of a dig around the office and found a scrap of paper with all the info scribbled onto it.
At the very back and bottom of the piece of paper I've drawn a large star and beside that I wrote "Love this blanket!"

What more can I say.

Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts