New Blanket For New Baby

Last week a beautiful baby girl was born into the family. Her name is Ava and we look forward to meeting her very soon.

The last six weeks has seen me crocheting these gorgeous granny squares.
I found my inspiration in Susan Pinner's "Granny Squares" book.
I truly love this book and intend to work my way through all of her wonderful granny squares.  


I've crocheted the squares together and added the border.
Now all that's left is for me to sew in a couple of loose ends and block the blanket so that I can get it in the mail next week.


Instead of faffing around with the fiddly bits of blanket making I've become distracted with my next blanket idea. More of Susan Pinner's granny's. 


Maybe I'm not yet ready to give this one away right now. I get a lot of pleasure for seeing this blanket folded in my house but I'll get even more pleasure from seeing it put to good use.
This is in my top two favorite makes so far. I'll definitely be making more of these. I'm really loving the colours that I've used and the simplicity of the one coloured granny's.

Also in my life right now are builders.


We are closing in underneath the house. I really can't wait to have a real laundry and boot-room. Somewhere the wind doesn't rip through throwing anything in it's path across the lawn, somewhere dry when the rain pelts down. No puddles, no mess, lots of storage. Yippee. 


They've been here for a month and have another four weeks work to finish it. Meanwhile my days seem to be spent cooking and washing up in between mustering and cattle work. The days start early and end late and every minute in between seems to be taken up either working or looking after men (which is hard work!) The positives are that I love baking smoko's and desserts something I don't do very often for just the two of us. The negatives are lack of any time to myself but this next month I am going to try to be more time efficient. I NEED to get into the veggie garden before winter.


Mmmm. Strawberry tart.

Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts