New Addition to my animals

Last Sunday I decided that I needed a week away from crochet. We've been flat out with work here and it's been so nice just to collapse at night without having a blanket deadline hanging over my head.


Meet Justin.


He's a 2 year old Charolais Bull that we bought at a bull auction on Friday. It was the first bull sale that we've been to and we honestly believed that they'd be out of our league. We were very surprised and happy to bring this boy home with us.


Isn't he gorgeous! 


Last night my fingers started itching to pick up my crochet hook again, so I jumped online and found the Cherry Heart Crochet Along. I've never joined a CAL before, but I'm really excited to start this one. The blanket looks beautiful and I'll learn some new stitches along the way and I'll be doing it for the pure joy of crochet. I've got no deadline and no intended recipient, and I just can't wait to start a new project - I do love making blankets.


Last night I raided my Stylecraft stash and tried to match the colours that Sandra had used as much as possible because I liked the overall feel that her blanket had. 


Fingers crossed that these colours will work well together.


I've been admiring Sandra's "Feeling Dotty" Shawl and decided to buy the pattern last night. Luckily I had some Debbie Bliss Realto Lace on my shelf and decided to start immediately. Her instructions are great and it's working up surprisingly fast, It'll keep me happy until the Spice of Life CAL begins on the 22nd.


I made another small cob loaf this week and I'm so excited that I've figured out how to make beautiful soft bread.


Delicious! It went perfectly smeared with heaps of butter and dunked in pumpkin soup.

Have a great week.
Xxx


Comments

Popular Posts