Unexpected Company

My girls decided to sneak into my garden to pay me a visit.





The animal lover in me loves having them close, but the gardener in me gets really cranky when they start eating my plants and trod all through my garden beds. But how can I stay cranky with such sweet little loves?

My babies are all different sizes and ages and I started feeding Gwendoline and Quinn way back in March, (yes they all have names), over the last few months that number has grown and now I have nine babies. I am currently weaning all but the two youngest off milk, I'll still be feeding them a calf mix for quite a few more months to come, but it's always difficult for me let move them move down to the horse paddock, where there's more room for them to run and explore and the added bonus is that they can't get into the garden.

The weather here doesn't know what to do with itself. One week its really warm and I'm walking around in shorts and T-shirts and then the next week its freezing and I'm rugged up like a polar bear. Right now it is really cold during the night and really windy through the day. When the wind decides to stop then the sunshine is lovely and warm.


Yesterday afternoon I took advantage of the warmth and sat outside crocheting for an hour in the peace and quiet.


A great friend of mine turns 70 at the end of September and as part of her birthday present I've decided to make her a blanket. I'm using the "Sunshine Day Blanket" pattern, which you can find here

I'll admit that I found this pattern quite frustrating to begin with and I spent hours trying to find the right gauge. In the end I have decided to use a 4.5mm hook and my squares have ended up being 8.5cm wide instead of 9cm.


I nearly gave up on this a couple of times but couldn't find a better looking pattern. I really love the puffy flowers and the extra effort that they require is well worth it. The squares get easier the more I make, so far I've made eight and I have well over a hundred more to make before I'm finished. My major problem now is whether I'll finish in time, I'll just keep working away, one square at a time.

Have a lovely week.
Haley Xx

Comments

Popular Posts