My Granny Stripe Blanket!

I'm very proud to announce that my granny stripe blanket is finally finished.


I started this blanket way back in September, and to begin with I made great progress and had lots of enthusiasm for the project. 



The middle third took me months to complete, mainly because I kept getting distracted by other ideas and projects, I also had a crisis of confidence about the colours, it felt very strange not having any neutral colours in the blanket so I took a step back for a while.


In January I decided to finish the project and make up my mind how I feel about it when it was completed. Well, for the last few weeks I have been working ferociously on this blanket. The joy and enthusiasm that I experienced at the beginning came back to me as though it had never left and I didn't have to finish the blanket to realize that I love, love, love it. 


This blanket will be kept by my side until it falls apart on me.



Blanket Facts

Pattern: I used Lucy's pattern from Attic 24, which you can find here.

Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK, 100g Acrylic (the Lucy pack), which I bought from here.

Colours: Pomegranate, Sherbet, Clematis, Plum, Cloud Blue, Shrimp, Turquoise, Saffron, Lavender, Meadow, Fondant, Lipstick, Aspen, Spring Green, Wisteria, Magenta, Aster

Hook Size: 4mm

Blanket Size: 150cm (w); 110cm (H)


Number of Rows: 136 rows of granny stripes

Number of stripes: 68 stripes ( each stripe is made up of two rows of granny's)

Colour Pattern: I made 4 sets of the 17 colours, each set is unique.

Set 1 : Pomegranate, Sherbet, Clematis, Plum, Cloud Blue, Shrimp, Turquoise, Saffron, Lavender, Meadow, Fondant, Lipstick, Aspen, Spring Green, Wisteria, Magenta, Aster.

Set 2 : Sherbet, Lipstick, Saffron, Cloud Blue, Fondant, Aspen, Plum, Shrimp, Aster, Clematis, Magenta, Spring Green, Pomegranate, Lavender, Meadow, Turquoise, Wisteria.

Set 3 : Saffron, Aspen, Clematis, Turquoise, Lipstick, Wisteria, Fondant, Plum, Spring Green, Aster, Meadow, Shrimp, Cloud Blue, Magenta, Sherbet, Pomegranate, Lavender.

Set 4 : Aspen, Turquoise, Plum, Shrimp, Cloud Blue, Lipstick, Spring Green, Lavender, Saffron, Clematis, Meadow, Wisteria, Fondant, Aster, Magenta, Sherbet, Pomegranate.


Edging

Round 1 : Using Lavender, I worked 1 round of granny clusters.

Round 2 : Using Fondant, I worked 1 round of trebles (UK)

Round 3 : Using Cloud Blue, I worked 1 round of trebles (UK)

Round 4 : Using Sherbet, I made 1 round of picots. (3 doubles, chain 3, slip stitch into 3rd chain, rpt)


Sorry, I just had to get one of the animals in the photo, looks like it was Jessie's turn, even if she isn't very interested in my fabulous blanket!!!

Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts