One of those days.....

Do you ever have those days where you just feel out of sorts, where you flit from one project to another but you just can't settle, where you race around like a crazy lady all day but have nothing to show for it? Well, that's precisely the kind of day that I've been having.

I've jumped from feeding animals to gardening to crocheting to cooking to bike riding to book work and have accomplished absolutely nothing today. And to top it off the chooks got into the vegi garden and scratched up my seedlings and then when I was chasing them out I sunk in ankle deep squishy mud, which I hosed down outside and then washed off properly in my sparkling clean shower which I cleaned about three hours ago. Then I realized that I'd locked the cat in the vegi garden, he must have sneaked passed me when I was trying to get the chooks out and was cursing at the mud. Then the dogs chased the guinea fowl and the poddies (did I mention that I've been hand rearing nine calves for the last couple of months? I'll have to take some pics to show you) got out of their paddock and I had to muster them back in. And to top all of that D went to a clearing sale today and hasn't answered his phone for the last three hours (he's notorious for talking the hind leg off a donkey, so while I am worrying about him it's also a very common occurrence) which means he wont be home until about 9pm tonight if not later and I've made a chicken and mushroom pie for tea which is just waiting to go in the oven. I'm also hungry and think tonight I will not be waiting for D to get home before eating.

Sorry for the rant.

Deep breath.

So, do you want to see whats on my hook right now?


This is a wavy blanket with bobbles. I love the colours that I'm using (especially "parchment") and I think this might end up being my favorite blanket project to date. It does involve a lot of counting though and right now it's just too much for my frazzled brain.


I'm also making the squares for a small patchwork blanket, but again there is a lot of counting and concentration required for this.


This is the kind of project that I need right now, honestly I don't think I'm capable of anything else. These are simple double crochet (UK) washcloths and no brain power is required to make them. I'm using drops Paris in whatever colour I have lying around and must make a note to order some more. I think I might make some little flowers in the future and sew them onto a corner of the washcloth to bring them to life a bit more.

O.K I'm going to put my pie in the oven, then probably pace the house for the next couple of hours.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Haley Xx

Comments

Popular Posts