I love Sunday

Depending on what is happening around the farm, I like to reserve Sundays for me time and catch up on jobs around the house and garden.

Today has been one of those lazy Sunday's.

I started the day feeding the animals.


Then I fertilized and am now in the process of watering the lawn.


I weeded and mulched, and added some more plants to a garden bed. The wire is there to keep the chooks off my new plants until they have time to establish.


I planted some seeds and fertilized my vegi garden. These are beetroot seedlings just emerging.


Then D and I had a quick smoko. Then I cleaned the kitchen and dusted. Vacuumed, swept and mopped the house.

During the cleaning I made a batch of Raspberry & Chocolate Muffins.


Which I have already sampled and they taste delicious.

I also made a small cob loaf.


I've made many loaves of bread over the years, most taste good but come out of the oven very dense and heavy.

Today I decided to make a small test loaf and made up my own recipe. Already it looks, feels and smells great. I'll cut it open tonight for tea but I am quietly confident that this is going to be a wonderful loaf. My fingers and toes are crossed and I hope that I'm not proved wrong.

So now it's 3pm and I have to go clean the bathroom and vacuum and dust the bedrooms, But once they're done then I'm going to sit down and make some more sunshine squares.


Last weekend I became slightly obsessed with making washcloths and now I have a rainbow of them ready and waiting for Christmas.


I'm making these little wheels with the leftover cotton and I'm thinking about making them into bunting.


Hope you're having a happy Sunday.
Haley Xx

Comments

Popular Posts