Spun Gold Crochet Small Shawl


I've seen pictures of this shawl a number of times online and I really liked the look of it. So I decided to make myself one before winter turns into spring.


The pattern is called "Spun Gold" by Kat Goldin and is found here. It costs 3 pound to buy which I think is a very fair price and I found it easy to follow and easy to memorize as I worked so that I wasn't looking at the pattern after every row.


I knew from the start that I wanted to use a fairly neutral colour, but I also didn't want to wait while I ordered some yarn online. So when I went to town I had a look-see and found this ball of Patons Big Baby 4 ply. I'm not sure of the exact colour but it's a beautiful silver/grey. It's really soft and was great to work with.


In the pattern this shawl is warn tied around the neck at the shoulder, but because it's very short and tied loosely it doesn't feel very secure. I'm worried that after I've put in the hard work a strong gust of wind might steal it away.

I found this wooden brooch at a craft fair last weekend and thought it would be great to join the two sides together securely. Really it just offers me an alternative way to wear the shawl.


What a great short term project. It took me about a week to make and I'm thinking that I might make some more because they'll make great stocking fillers.

Haley Xx

Comments

  1. Your shawl looks good, classy and different. I am inspired ....going to check my stash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts