Christmas in July?

.....Only in Australia!

I've lived here for a number of years now but the whole concept of Christmas in July is a little mind boggling. Mind you the whole Christmas in the middle of Summer thing also feels a little crazy!

Yesterday my lovely husband asked if I wanted to go to the Christmas in July Craft Fair in Capella and I'm not ashamed to admit that I jumped at the offer. Believe me, they do not come around very often. 

Oh, it was lovely! There were beautiful handmade dresses for children, patchwork quilts, jewelry, wooden toys, cakes, biscuits, jams, chutneys, crochet baby booties, hand made candles and the list went on.

I didn't race through the displays, but I made sure that I didn't dawdle for the sake of my very bored looking husband. I left with some wonderful treasures for myself and some really early Christmas present for friends.


I instantly fell in love with this wooden brooch. I recently finished a short crochet scarf and want to use this to keep both sides together. I'll update you soon.


 I usually have a rule about buying things from craft fairs and it is that anything that I buy must have a use (either physical or decorative). Then I saw these little bags and I fell in love with the material. Initially I walked past them because I could't think of a use for them, but then I went back and handed over the money and the deal was done. Surely there are lots of things that I can use these for, right?


Another instant love match! What else can I say? I wore them right away and wish I had bought some more. Maybe next year!


How beautiful are these Brahman Bulls? This is a Christmas present for a friend with a hat who loves the Brahmans even more than me. 


They are such elegant beasts. They're tough and drought hardy but walk around the paddock like royalty.


Who doesn't love candles?

Well, I had a really lovely day, and will mark it on my calendar for next year.

Hope you're have a great weekend too.
Haley Xx 

Comments

Popular Posts