Queen of starting projects but not finishing them.

I don't know why but every time I return home after being away for a while I feel this great need to hibernate. This starts by locking myself at home and unpacking and washing and tidying. Then it moves into the more serious stuff and I move from room to room giving each one a spring clean. I always start this process in the kitchen, organizing and rearranging my cupboards and D always complains that he can never find anything after this! 
After a few days I moved into the office, I struggled to move furniture and evict the spiders that had taken up residence in our absence. Then I brought out the flat packs.


I assembled this while three men, I repeat three men were in the same room and not one offered to help me! It's a good job that I'm a woman because at the same time as building this my oven was also beeping at me because I was also making choc-almond cookies.


Needless to say the men were more than happy to sample these, and the sugar was a great boost during my building!

So, I now have two areas to our small office.


The first is the business side, I love looking out the window while working away on the computer, it's even better when we have a crop of Wheat or Sorghum planted.


The other side of the office I have claimed as my crafty area and it's making me so happy. I look forward to spending many productive hours here in the future.

Now, the real reason for writing this post was that while I was organizing myself, I came across a number of projects that have been started but not completed, they range from being 10% to 90% complete. It's about now that I should confess that while I love to crochet I hate all the fiddly bits that have to been done at the end like the blocking and sewing in the edges. By that point something else has already taken my interest and I'm heading off in a different tangent.

1. Hexagon Baby Blanket.

It looks great from the front but turn it around and......


Agggghhhh, the mess, the hours of work I see for myself and after that the edge needs to be pinned. My solution - put it away and forget about it!
I love this blanket and do want to finish it so I'm talking myself into spending 15 minutes a night on this project, fingers crossed it'll be finished soon.

2. Cowl neck poncho


There's a bit of a story behind this poncho but as you can see, again all of the crochet work has been done I just have to sew in the ends and block the edging. This will probably be my priority, maybe!

3. Cable Baby blanket


I wanted to make a cable blanket, so while I was away I started this project, my mistake was that I didn't measure my work and it's not wide enough, and when I say that I don't mean it's a little bit out, it's out by inches (lots of inches). This is destined to be pulled out and started again. On the plus side I really love how it's turning out and I'm really proud of my first attempt at cable stitches, I also really love this moss green colour.

4. Another cable blanket


I started this cable pattern and as you can see the slopes on the left side are nicely defined but the ones on the right side leave a lot to be desired. I've figured out where I'm going wrong and this will be getting pulled out too. Again on the plus side, I'm liking this colour too.

I also found half finished washcloths and pot holders and the triangle bunting on the wall needs to be blocked. So all in all I've got enough to keep me busy without starting something else right now. 

In my last post I mentioned that I went to the Eumundi markets and up to Montville and I thought I'd share a couple of the things that I bought myself and friends too.


This is a leather rug, and while I never thought that this would be my style I fell in love with the colour and texture of this piece. I'm just loving silver, blue and grey at the moment and this has a shimmery, uneven quality to it that even my neat, orderly side is appreciating.



I tried to walk past this bag but in the end I couldn't, I just love finches of any variety and these little birds in the middle of the bag are beautiful. What a clever design idea, I just love it and it's a generous size too, which means I can fit lots of wool inside.



I missed a friends birthday while I was away, so I scoured the markets for a present for her. While I was there I fell in love with this button necklace, again what a clever design idea and again the birds are back. Usually I make a birthday card for her but the card above is just so perfect for her that I couldn't walk past it. Oh it'll be hard parting with this but I know she''ll love it as much I do.

Take care and have a great week.
Xx

Comments

Popular Posts