Crochet Square Table Topper


Can you tell that I have no idea what to call this? lol

The pattern and cotton for this project have been sitting waiting for me to get myself into gear for quite some time and finally I was ready to start. It made a really great small project that I could easily pick up and put down throughout the week.


I used another drops pattern, which you can find here. It's actually a seat cover, but I didn't need a seat cover, which was one of the reasons that I put off starting the project. However, my fingers started itching to begin so I sat down at my desk and started making the granny squares.


It wasn't long before I moved to the sitting room and poof! my squares were finished and I had ends to sew in. This was manageable with there being only four squares and I before long I had to make a decision about what to do with them.
At one point I was thinking about putting them in four small picture frames and placing them on the wall in the same pattern as the seat cover. I still really like this idea and it may happen one day in the future with some other granny squares, maybe a granny square collage wall???


I decided to join them, however this is where I had a problem. Really I knew that there'd be a problem from reading the pattern but I thought that perhaps it would turn out all right in the end.
The square on the top left/bottom right, ended up with 26 tr along each side and the granny square on the top right/bottom left ended up with 24 tr along each side. I know there are only 2 tr difference but the squares were different sizes at the end. I decided to join them together first and them block them but I think I made the wrong decision.


This is what it looks like on top of the table, I think that it's a perfect fit!. I wasn't convinced about using the peach as a border but in the end I think the squares with the peach centre really needed it to so that it didn't look out of place.
As you can see it's not perfect but at the moment I'm overlooking that and just enjoying having this piece in my home.


This was a new book that D bought for me last week. A good friend of mine highly recommended it so I thought I'd give it a go. As you can see I've already gone through it and tagged the recipes that I want to try. I was so inspired that I made a bolognese sauce in the slow cooker the other day. I've never cooked minced beef in there before and it turned out beautiful. I had heaps of tomatoes from the vegi garden needing to be used up so I threw them in there with the mince, and some onion, garlic mushrooms and celery and some basil, parsley and oregano from the garden. A few hours later it was looking and tasting fantastic. I then added some water and pasta shells and cooked the pasta in the sauce for a few hours with I healthy covering of cheese on top. Yummy and there was plenty left to freeze for those busy nights when I don't have time to cook.

Take Care...
Haley Xx

Comments

Popular Posts