Hello Again!


These last couple of months have been chaotic; we've been mustering, branding and trucking cattle to the sales here. Then because of this never ending drought in Queensland, we had hundreds of cattle sent down to us from the Gulf, which we had to process and make room for. At the beginning of April we went up to Julia Creek, to the home property to help with the mustering there, returned home a couple of weeks ago, spent a week working cattle and then yippee we are now on holiday!



We spent the weekend with D's mum and then went down to the Sunshine Coast and stayed at the Mantra Hotel in Mooloolaba for 5 nights. Heaven! This was the view from our room early one morning this week.




We spent lots of time walking on the beach and Eating food that someone else cooked! We visited the Eumundi Markets (webpage here), went to underwater world (webpage here) and spent a day up in the hills at Montville, which is a beautiful town with lots of touristy/crafty shops to wander through. We also spent time relaxing and striking weird posses on the beach!


A beautiful sandy beach. I think one of the bast things in the world is walking barefoot along a sandy beach, letting my thoughts drift and listening to the waves gently crash against the shore. In the mornings we would open the door onto the balcony as the sun was rising and listen to the waves from the comfort of our room. 


We found this little bird sitting in the middle of the path. When he didn't fly away I assumed he was sick, but he attached himself to my fingers without any problems. I left him perching on a little tree branch and hope that he's still alive.

To change the subject; I have a bit of a confession to make. During the last couple of months I lost the urge to crochet. I'd drag myself into the house on dark, cook tea, shower and collapse in my chair but had no motivation what so ever to pick up the hook and yarn. Instead I reached for my kindle. I love to read, in fact I really think that I have an addiction to books. I enjoy reading for many different reasons but when I'm exhausted after a hard days work I just want a good piece of fiction, I usually alternate between thrillers and romances and recently I found an author called Kristen Ashley and I have to confess that I can't get enough of her books.

When I returned home a couple of weeks ago I managed to put the kindle down and start some new projects as well as finish some old ones. So this is what I'm up to in my crochet world.


My star blanket is finally finished, after two months of sitting in a bag.


I started making this top from a Drops pattern. I find that I always have trouble matching my work to the measurements of a pattern, I must crochet too tight because whatever I make usually ends up too small. To compensate I decided to work this pattern on a bigger hook than is recommended, it turned out too big so I had to pull it out, now I'm working on the recommended size hook thinking that it'll be right but I just measured it and now it's too small. I think I'll be pulling this out again and using a 5.5 mm hook.


This is another drops pattern, now that the weather is cooling off I want to start making some warm things that I can wear. I just love the ribbing on this pattern. As you can see, I'm enjoying the colour grey at the moment, I don't know why but it seems to be my colour of choice for the month.


I almost forgot. The passion fruit vine is finally flowering. I was really worried about it's lack of flowers but they are finally here. I think the flower is just so beautiful, but unfortunately too short lived.

Xxx


Comments

Popular Posts