Crochet Hexagon Blanket


I just wanted to quickly share my new project. It's going to be a hexagon blanket (my first).

I treated myself to this book a few months back and must admit that initially I was a bit underwhelmed by it. I enjoyed looking through the beautiful pictures, but I suppose I expected a wider selection of granny squares, still I think I picked this book up everyday for a couple of weeks to ohh and ahh over the projects, then I put it on the bookshelf and half forgot about the book.

Since finishing my granny stripe blanket I've found myself at a loose end, with regards to my crocheting, and have found myself flicking through all of my books looking for my next piece of inspiration. Well, I found it with this simple hexagon blanket design.  



I really like how the wheel stands out clearly in the center of the hexagon with a clean edged crispness, and how the two toned wheel is nice and bright without being too fussy, and I think the white border adds a nice calming quality to the whole thing. I really can't wait to see the finished results.


One of the great things about this project is that it's letting me use up all of the left over yarn from my granny stripe blanket, which means no waiting around for yarn to arrive yeh!


These galah's spent hours perched in the tree, chatting to each other yesterday.

***************

Other news from the week? Work, work, crochet, and more work! And yesterday D took me out to the movies to see "Unbreakable" it turned out to be quite a good movie that I would probably watch again, there were plenty of uncomfortable scenes and if I'd been watching it at home I would without a doubt have been pacing and jumping in and out of my chair.

Last month we went to see "The Water Diviner", which I would highly recommend. It was so much better than what I expected. Unlike most war movies, the war and the fighting weren't the main thread of the story, it was more about the people who are left behind and how they deal with the deaths of the ones they love. Yes I cried, several times, it was so sad but there was also beauty and joy and relief. What I really appreciated was that it wasn't a one sided account, the story tellers allowed us to see the tragedy from both sides and that war is full of innocent people.

My oven is beeping at me.......... 


I found an orange cake recipe that is made in the food processor using the whole orange and I thought what a great idea. I must admit that I was a bit worried that it wouldn't rise but as it turned out I had no reason to worry. Now all that's left is the taste test!

Xx

Comments

Popular Posts