Daisy's - Daisy's - Daisy's

I'm very happy to say, that we got 11.5 mm of much needed rain last night. I know that it doesn't sound like very much but we'll take anything that we can get right now. We've been drought declared for about 12 months now and this little sprinkle of rain is bringing much needed hope that we might get a wet season this year. Fingers and toes are all crossed!

The first thing I like to do the morning after rain is get outside and into the garden. I still find it amazing how quickly a garden can change, especially during the springtime and after a nice refreshing bout of rain, which is like a magic potion for the plants.

So, with wellies on and camera in hand, this is what I found in my little paradise.

























I'm just loving my daisy's this year, and anything pink, purple, white & yellow. Just looking at these pictures is inspiring me with some great colour combinations for future projects.

To be honest I'm very surprised that these pictures came out so clear, because there I was kneeling in the mud, finger poised to take the picture and.......bump! Rusty would rub himself against me looking for affection and wanting to be my number 1 priority. So I would move and again there would be a bump on the hand just as I was taking the picture. O.K I thought, wouldn't it be cute to take a photo of Rusty sitting in amongst the daisy's because he just looked so darn cute. So again I would drop to my knees, frame the shot and ........ he decided that he would rub himself against the camera rather than let me take a picture of him. You just can't work with animals!

Here are the only pictures I could get of my animal companions, Rusty is looking very pleased with himself and Jessie's only focus is the ball. "Garden? What garden?"






Before I go I'd like to share another project that I'm working on with you. Last week I went searching through my project cupboard and found these.


This pile is only a small sample, but as you can see, they are small granny squares which I made sometime last year. I think that I was planning to join them together to make a blanket but I probably took one look at all those ends that need to be sew in and decided out of sight, out of mind was the best place for this project. On finding them I remembered how much I loved these cute little squares and oh how I wished that my past self would have sew in the ends as she went because I HATE SEWING IN ENDS!
No! I told myself as I tried to shut the door on them once more, give them the respect that they deserve and make them into something. The thought of a blanket was just too much for me and I know myself well enough that I wouldn't finish it anytime soon, so I settled on a cushion cover.

Here's what I have done so far...


This is one side of the cushion and as you can see once again I have ends to sew in. I've got as far as stacking my squares for the other side.


But now I think I will take a short break and concentrate on my stripy blanket, and when the stripes get too much for me I'll come back to the squares!

I am having a wonderful start to spring this year and I hope that you are too!


"And Spring arose on the garden fair,Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast;Rose from the dreams of its wintry rest."
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"

Xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts